7/3/14

Free Spirit

Ego says, "Once everything falls into place, I'll feel peace." Spirit says, "Find your peace, and then everything will fall into place." ~Marianne Williamson

Free Spirit Print by The Love Shop


I wrote this note in my journal yesterday:

I never really thought living freely in the spirit (true freedom) could bring happiness. I'm still bogged down by ego things, wants, but when you feel Spirit, the fullness of it, there is nothing else. It's like the whole world dissolves around you and you are just pure soul bliss. No wants, no needs, no thoughts.

Until now I had never felt pure spirit freedom - the kind prophets talked about when they said God would provide a peace beyond understanding.

How can one be at peace within the world? There are so many wants and needs. I need this. I want to be successful. I must have that to feel this. 

I thought, how can anyone just feel love and be happy with that? But I felt it yesterday and a few days before. I felt wrapped in pure love and I know it sounds all hippie dippy, but to me, it was what spiritual freedom truly feels like. It was happiness and peace beyond my understanding. Worldly stuff, thoughts, emotions fizzled out. It was like being in meditation with eyes open.

So yes, connecting with Spirit, such a simple thing, feels so much better than connecting with the outside world. Everything I need or could possibly want is already within. 




No comments:

Post a Comment